Immunotherapy

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 3 replies
  • 48 subscribers

Hi, my husband is receiving immunotherapy though has developed a couple of side effects I wondered if anyone else has experienced or could advise on? He appears to have suffered nerve damage in his feet and is awaiting a neurology appointment and is currently taking morphine daily for the pain.  Has anyone received any treatments for similar from neurology as we’re not sure what options may even be possible atm?  He also has a few shadows on his lungs which could be further cancer, TB or sarcoidosis? Has anyone had experience and/or treatment for TB or sarcoidosis during treatment? I’m wondering what potential impact on immunotherapy could be? 

Many thanks and appreciation to any advice or information anyone is able to share in advance. X

• Hi

I'm sorry to read that your husband has developed some side effects from the immunotherapy that he's on. The nerve damage to his feet sounds very unpleasant and the shadows on his lungs must make this a worrying time for you both.

Although I don't have the experience you're looking for, I noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet. I've searched for 'sarcoidosis' and 'tuberculosis' within the group but drawn a blank I'm afraid. What does his hospital team say these shadows are likely to be?

If you could let us know the name of the immunotherapy drug your husband is taking, someone on that drug may be able to pop on and share their experiences with you.

While you're waiting for replies, it would be great if you could pop something about your husband's diagnosis and treatment so far into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to latchbrook

Thank you for taking the time to reply and provide support, it is very much appreciated. My husband is just having testing for TB initially so we’re going to see results and next steps.  Sorry for not replying sooner. Xx

• Hi there's no need to apologise. We all lead busy lives and sometimes it's difficult to find spare time in the day Slight smile

It's good to hear that things are moving for your husband and hopefully you won't have too long to wait for results.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"