Treatment plan to start.

• 1 reply
  • 48 subscribers

Hello all

Well this is all new to me a goodness  what a road to travel this is !

My husband got diagnosed back in May 24 and only just now have we got a treatment plan ! He has been diagnosed with Kidney,both lungs and right hip  cancer which was a great shock as he had and stillPrayhas no symptoms Pray which as you would know we are thankfull for.

SO on friday we met with the nurse to discuss the plan ! So treatment  will be immunotheropy AVELUMAB  a tablet which i think is a Chemo drug ! AXITINIB intravenous!  This begins this Tues 11/10 reading all the information and listening to the nurse is all pretty scarey to say the least  and im trying to be as prepared as possible so as to be a constant support for my husband !

I do have a couple of questions please if you can help ?

1 The nurse said i need to wash his clothes seperatly ! Is this right ?

2 she mentioned using contraception because of bodily fluids ! Does this mean we can not kiss?

3. Also too flush the toilèt twice?

Sorry thats 3 lol

Im sure i will have more questions as we travel this new road and thankfull for this forum of knowledge  

I look forward to hearing suggestions,advice,anything you think may be of help please.

Thank you all sue.xx

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the melanoma group

I'm sorry to read that your husband has cancer in his kidney, lungs and hip and know what a worrying time this will be for you both.

When I first read your post, I assumed that his melanoma had spread to his kidney, lungs and hip but when I looked up the drugs your husband is about to start, I can see that they are normally prescribed to treat kidney cancer which has spread so wondered if you'd meant to post in the kidney cancer group

I've had a look in the melanoma group, but nobody here has mentioned being on either avelumab or axitinib to answer your questions I'm afraid.

When you feel up to it, it would be great if you could pop something about your husband's diagnosis and treatment so far into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

Wishing your husband all the best for the start of his treatment.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"