Nevoid Malignant Melanoma

• 4 replies
  • 44 subscribers

I finally got a copy of my results report via my GP. I'm not sure what Nevoid is exactly although I've seen some people say it's supposed to be rare? Can anyone enlighten me? 

Bristow thickness 1.7mm, Clark level IV, no ulceration, mitotic index 6mm, no perineum or lymphovascular invasion, pT2a

• Hi Macklynne, I am not a medic, and my primary was occult, meaning it couldn’t be found. I would imagine Nevoid is just the terminology to describe yours. You’ve said it was a nodule I think on your skin. The info and support sections describe a few other types. 

The guidelines of the site say that it is not here to replace medical guidance so you could give the Macmillan support line a call who could answer any questions you perhaps have about your diagnosis or perhaps suggest any questions you might want to put to your hospital team. 

Take care KT

• Oh sorry, I wasn't looking for medical guidance so much as just other people who have the same type as me so I could read their stories.

• My mistake, I hope someone comes forward for you.

Take care KT

• Hi Macklynne

I had a nevoid melanoma diagnosed in 2019 - PT3A. I had a wide local excision and a sentinel node biopsy. Thankfully it had not spread to my lymph nodes. I have a check up every 3 months and so far so good. As far as I’m aware naevoid is the name of the cell and although rare it behaves similar to other forms of melanoma. I hope everything goes well for you. Take care D