Recurring Melanoma

• 16 replies
  • 47 subscribers

Hi everyone,

I was diagnosed with Melanoma stage 3C in 2014 on my lower leg which had spread to my nymph nodes, I had a total lymphadenectomy carried out along with CT and MRI scans which found I also had thyroid cancer and early stage liver cancer so after a full thyroid removal and 60% of my liver cut away - These additional cancers were not a spread of the Melanoma cancers they were 3 different cancers....!!  Since then I have been fine..... until now I have found a lump on my leg (the same leg as before) the lump is a small pea sized and firm to the touch it is very close to where my lymph nodes were.  I have read online (NHS Birmingham) that melanoma can come back as a lump under the skin on the limb that was effected initially.  I know I have to get it check out and I have a routine telephone appointment with the dermatology in 3 weeks, but I can't stop thinking about it and wondering whether I should do or say something now or would waiting 3 weeks be reasonable?  Has anyone else had recurring melanoma?  Thank you Jx

• Will do Hugging

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi, I had my CT scan last week and just waiting on the results, I have been informed that an MDT meeting will be held next Tuesday and my results and treatment plan will be discussed then.  However they have advised my details have been passed to the plastic surgeon as it seems that I have to wide local excision done on my thigh and foot.  Also my details have been passed to oncology for immunotherapy treatment. Will keep you updated with results etc.  thanks x

• Hi, I had my CT scan last week and just waiting on the results, I have been informed that an MDT meeting will be held next Tuesday and my results and treatment plan will be discussed then.  However they have advised my details have been passed to the plastic surgeon as it seems that I have to wide local excision done on my thigh and foot.  Also my details have been passed to oncology for immunotherapy treatment. Will keep you updated with results etc.  thanks x

• how are you? I aM currently waiting on a letter for a ct appointment after finding out on Monday that my lymph nodes had tested positive. Like you the meeting will be next Tuesday to discuss my treatment plan going forward. 

• Hi

Sounds like everything is moving forward for you Slight smile

I had my excisions 2 weeks ago and the wounds have healed nicely. Just waiting for the results now.

Take care

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• HI Joobee333 

So good to hear your wound is healing nicely.  They have made the most amazing progress in surgery haven't they?  Fingers crossed they got all the horrible stuff out too.  Thinking of you for your results and wishing you positive thoughts.

Will you hear about immunotherapy soon?  It has such good results.  I hope the same is for you.

Happy Friday and you sound like you have a fabulous sunny outlook - helps millions.

Warmest wishes

Bramblepie