can anyone expalin this result plz

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 14 replies
  • 51 subscribers

hi i went to my doctor last week for mole removal

she did a shaving removal and today i found my result online (Doctor didn’t call me yet) 

i hope someone can explain to me what this means cuz i’m shaking and google is not saying anything about this diagnosis 

• Hi and a very warm welcome to the online community

I can fully understand your wish to know what these results mean but as none of us are medically trained we can't interpret your results I'm afraid.

The best thing to do is phone the doctor's secretary tomorrow morning and find out when you'll be having an appointment to get your results. The secretary won't be allowed to explain the results to you, as she won't have the correct medical knowledge, but you should at least know when you'll hear.

I know how hard waiting for results is but please stay off google.

Do come back and let us know how you get on tomorrow.

Sending a virtual ((hug))

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi

How did you get on this morning speaking to your doctor's secretary? Do you have a date for having your results explained yet?

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to latchbrook

hi thank u so much for ur reply , I have to wait for the doctor she said she will call me 

so maybe monday ! 

I was reading somethings on the internet last night about this results so i calm down and i’m trying to stay postive and hoping for the best 

• Hi

I was wondering how things were going? I assume that you've spoken to your doctor and had your results explained to you.

x

Community Champion Badge

• FormerMember

Hi thank u for asking !

Its a long story !! I tried to talk to my doctor the first week i got the results with no luck , got a phone call appointment and she told me that the results says its has the ability to change but (  it’s still benign) 

( she’s my primary doctor not a dermatologist) SO I  wasn’t sure that she really understand the results i insisted to be referred to a dermatologist

and told her that the pathology report recommends a re-excision to make sure the whole mole was removed , 

so finally i have an appointment with a dermatologist on dec 2 ,i Can’t wait to get an explaination for those results and also get the re-excision

• Great news that you'll be seeing a dermatologist shortly! As you say a GP isn't necessarily the best person to interpret results that normally a dermatologist would look at.

Let me know how you get on

x

Community Champion Badge

• FormerMember

thank u !! I try to stay postive , and telling my self whatever it is the results says ‘ moderate” and that a good thing ! i read a lot on the internet and i understand sometimes its hard to tell if a spitzoid lesion is benign or not ! and that’s why they recommend a complete removal! 

• Hi Dodi11,

I am so sorry that you are going through all of this. I've hesitated to reply as I had an atypical spitzoid nevus a few years ago and I do not want to scare you. I believe that my case is fairly rare. However, I prefer to tell you why I would definitely recommend that you request a full excision of the lesion and that you take the first excision appointment you are offered.

In April 2016 following my diagnosis of a spitzoid nevus, the dermatologist took the decision to wait for 6 months to see how it evolved. Then she said she preferred to remove it anyway (as indeed was recommended by the pathologist) but I was not fast-tracked in any way. A year later, April 2017, when the lesion was fully removed there were two types of melanoma and a BCC on the site. I ended up having 3 surgeries in all to get rid of it and two skin grafts. I wish now that I had pushed to have it removed more quickly. On the bright side the melanoma was localized and the SLNB was clear.

Here is the best explanation that I have found so far:

https://dermnetnz.org/topics/spitz-naevus/

As you say, these things are difficult to diagnose. In retrospect I would have rathered a small (and perhaps unnecessary intervention) to what I had to go through in the end. Certainly if this happened again I know what I would push for.

Take care

Miranda

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Miranda2

thank u so much for ur reply and thank god u catch it early and u are doing well now !

may i ask u how did the doctor diagnosis ur mole as atypical spitzoid ? when she made the shave biposy were u able to see any brown/ or black color left in the skin from the mole ?  and then ur doctor just decided to watch it growing back ? 

mine was thin so i don’t see any brown color left in the skin but the pathology report says its throught the tissue they tested so yes i want the excision 

thank u again for ur reply it helps alot 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

i have an update 

last week i went to the dermatologist for the first time and finally he explained that this mole was moderate but it was on it way to change to something else ( luckily we removed it before that ) so its 6 from 10  ( he said 10 is severe and 1 is mild ) 

he said since the pathology reports says to get a full removal he referred me to a surgical doctor for a Wide local excision.