• 1 reply
  • 8 subscribers

I was diagnosed with Mantle Cell in June 2021. I had six chemotherapy treatments, which was not as bad as I was led to believe. I had a bone marrow transplant on the 23rd December 2022. A little more difficult, no further treatments since. Just gone onto four monthly check ups with my consultant. I am 76 now and feeling fine.

• Hi  and a warm welcome to this corner of the Community although I am always sorry to see folks joining us. I am Mike and I help out around our various Lymphoma groups.

I don’t have Mantle Cell Lymphoma but I was diagnosed way back in 1999 at 43 with a rare, incurable but treatable type of Low Grade NHL eventually reaching Stage 4a in late 2013 so although my Lymphoma ‘type’ is different I do appreciate the challenges of this journey rather well........ especially as I have had 2 Allo (donour) Stem Cell Transplants (Bone Marrow Transplants) back in June 2014 then Oct 2015...... and I remain in remission to this day.

It's good that you are doing well after your SCT and being 4+ months out and doing good is a very good sign.

We actually have a dedicated Stem cell transplant support group and you may find this link helpful Life after a SCT - A Survivor's Guide as it's a place where folks from different blood cancers share their ups and down post SCT.

Always around to help more or just to chat

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge