Covid antibodies

• 2 replies
  • 7 subscribers

Just for info - currently on three-monthly rituximab, and in remission Post R-CHOP.

I've now had three full covid doses (despite government muddle), followed up by an antibodies test. This unfortunately showed I have no covid antibodies.

Apparently I have to 'remain vigilant', which I take to mean ducking on sighting a covid virus.

Bit disturbing though, to learn that three jabs have had no effect on my beleaguered immune system.

Anybody else have antibody test after three jabs? 

• Hi again Peter .

Just getting my 3rd tomorrow. I asked my Consultant about an antibody test and he said that it would not give a clear indication as it only tests one part of the immune system as it does not give our T-Cells response being an important area of our immune system.

So like you, we continue to be vigilant but this has been life for the past 7 years having had the treatment journey I have had including two Stem Cell Transplants.

But we don’t let this worry us or define us. We have developed a way of living life to the full within our set boundaries.

Keep safe.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Hope your third went well. I'm now taking part in a Zoe-fuelled survey on antibodies in people with reduced immune systems - meaning I'll be doing a blood test for antibodies twice more in the next three weeks. I'm hoping that if nothing else, it might add a little to the data.

Meanwhile I'm limiting my boundaries to fours rather than sixes...