Chemo tablets

• 3 replies
  • 5 subscribers

How is everyone getting in taking these. My husband in 2nd week and no energy, so weak and just wants to sleep. Is this normal and will things get better?

• Hi  and a warm welcome to this corner of the Community. I am Mike and I help out around our various Lymphoma groups. 

I don’t have Mantle cell lymphoma but I was diagnosed way back in 1999 at 43 with a rare, incurable but treatable type of Low-grade non-Hodgkin lymphoma eventually reaching Stage 4a in late 2013 so although my Lymphoma ‘type’ is different I do appreciate the challenges of this journey rather well.

My chemo was always through IV so I can’t comment on oral tablets but Fatigue is unfortunately a side effect if going through treatments……. but yes it will eventually get better but this most likely won’t happen until he has completed his treatment…….the main challenge is, the less active he is doing the longer his recovery will be.

Always around to help more or just to chat.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Unfortunately my husband told he will have to take chemo tablets for rest of life. He didn’t have this extreme fatigue with the oral RChop

• Unfortunately some folks do end up on meds like for life, I am on 6 different meds.

I found that my body took time to get used to having these regular meds and the fatigue slowly improved.

Do you know the ‘exact’ name of the drug as someone in the group my be on them.

Have you talked these challenges through with his clinical team just to see if they can make this more manageable ((hugs)) 

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge