Unexpected benefits of treatment

• 1 reply
  • 5 subscribers

Hi,

I've just completed Cycle 2 of a 6 cycle Nordic regime for MCL. Cycle's 1, 3, & 5 are CHOP. Cycle's 2 and 4 are Rituximab and Cytarabine. Cycle 6 is also Rituximab & Cytarabine plus ASCT. I've had psoriasis for over 50 years and nothing has ever really worked on it. However, since starting chemo, it's totally cleared up. Lucky really since it was at it's worse on my scalp and I now have no hair!

Another unexpected bonus is no more daily shaving! Hurrah. 

Having MCL may be a bummer for sure, and we live in hope that a cure, not just remission lies in the future, but for now I'm delighted to finally be on treatment, delighted that it seems to be working (tumours shrinking), delighted to be lucky that the side effects for me have so far been minimal, and chuffed with the unexpected benefits.

Keep smiling fellow MCL'ers 

:-)

• Hi  and a late welcome to this corner of the community. I am Mike  and I help out around our blood cancer groups, I was diagnosed back in 1999 with rather rare type of Skin NHL (hit my community name for my story) but amongst my many treatments I have had two Allo (donor) SCTs.

The journey you are on is full of twists and turns and some of the ‘bonuses’ from treatments can be unexpected. I am no longer allergic to animals and most like can now have penicillin.

We do have a dedicated Stem cell transplant group where people from different blood cancer support each other on the unusual but remarkable SCT Journey.

I will keep an eye open for you in the group.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge