Fatigue after chemo

• 3 replies
  • 6 subscribers

My husband was diagnosed with MCL seven years ago. He has done very well until this year. He was on watch and wait for 3 years . His first treatment Rchop was not very successful but ibrutanib gave him 3 years remission. In June this year he started Rbac, he has had five rounds and the lymphoma has shrunk considerably. He has had some bowel problems mostly severe diarrhoea but these seem to be resolving. His main problem is severe fatigue and weakness. He had a blood transfusion which helped a bit. Our oncologist does not seem concerned. Has anyone else felt like this after chemo?

• Hi I finished 6 cycles of rchop in September ,I was seen by consultant yesterday and was told in remission when I asked about my fatigue was made to feel like crap telling me your bloods are fine CT was fine so it's just psychological ,he then went on to tell me that I was only stage 3 before treatment and wouldn't normally treat at that stage it was only because of my being anxious felt like punching him .Hope you get some positive answers.

• Sorry to hear that. My husband recovered well from R chop but he was younger and fitter then. He is now 70 and this regime was more aggressive. 

• Hi Mary  and welcome to this corner of Online Community, although I am sorry to see you finding us.

The stronger and more aggressive the chemo regime often will lead to more severe Fatigue requiring a lot longer to recover.

He dies need to be proactive in keeping some activity going as this is one of the best ways to overcome fatigue.

I had a different type of NHL and my long treatment journey required two Stem Cell Transplants - it took a good two years to say that I was on top of the fatigue.

When you feel up to it try putting some information in your profile. This really helps others when answering. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. Just click on YOUR username, select 'Edit Profile'. Put as much or as little in your profile and you can amend it at any time - you can see members profiles by hitting our forum names.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge