Mantle cell Lymphoma relapse

• 3 replies
  • 5 subscribers

3 years in remission and for the last 8 months drenching night sweats, severe iron deficiency and lots of symptoms that they ask you to look out for, I have now had my second colonoscopy the first one last year they removed 2 polyps and said I had severe diverticulitis. This week they said they have removed a sessile polyp and marked it for urgent testing also the report says that this is precancerous. My anxiety is through the roof waiting. Has anyone experienced Mantle Cell Lymphoma relapse with these symptoms thankyou  

• Hi again , so sorry to hear about the investigations that are going on - I understand the stress and uncertainty. I have a different type of  NHL but was investigated for polyps in my lungs after my second Stem Cell Transplant and even although - 3 years on, they are still visible in in my lung by X-ray but they are not classed as an issue and are just monitored.

I am three and a half years post treatments and have had some night sweats over the years one being just a month back but again not seen as an issue.

Lets see if others come back with any other experience and let’s also look to this not being an ongoing problem.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Thanks for your reply, yes hopefully all will come back good. I think the main concern is due to heart problems I only had the mild chemo and the rituximab was stopped half way through due to constant infections. I didnt have the SCT as they thought it to be not suitable due to my other health issues. The sweats now are drenching and every night which is quite concerning, Hopefully all comes back good 

• Yes, our hope is always for things to go in a positive way and if they don’t, we look for further plans to be put in place.

Since having my second SCT, when I have developed infections and required time in hospital, (30+ days so far) I tend to also develop A Fib (racing heart) but my cardiologist is not that concerned about it....... but it’s not great when it happens. 

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge