Answers if possible?

• 1 reply
  • 6 subscribers
  • Hi I am new to the group. I had cervical cancer in 2018 with some  cancerous lymph nodes found during the hysterectomy. I then had chemo and radiotherapy at which point I was told they couldn't see any further signs of the cancer. I have in August 22 been diagnosed with what the consultant is calling secondary cervical cancer (as it has spread from the primary one) even though I have also been told the cancer is in several lymph nodes. Unsure if different consultants maybe use different terms. I have been told it's all the things I probably don't want to hear and my family even less so. Secondary, terminal, stage 4, incurable etc. And given a prognosis of expected life expectancy although not an exact science, I may last slightly longer or less. I finished 6 rounds of chemo at beginning of January and have been having major issues with critically low magnesium since then, now had 5 magnesium transfusions, 1 blood transfusion and on high strength magnesium tablets..I can't seem to get any answers apart from it could be the chemo as to why my magnesium is so low.  And although I have been told the cancer usually follows a pattern hence why I was given the same chemo treatment I'd had previously, I can't get any answers as to what may happen next I.e progression, time frames etc. I understand every ones journey is different which is the one thing I get told consistently. I am quite positive and trying to get on breaks, meet up with family as much as possible etc. However I do worry about different pains and whether they are connected to the cancer or just random.. I also worry about the magnesium levels as that is very debilitating and although I thought I can start getting back to 'normality' at the beginning of January, I now wake up each day wondering if I am going to be on a functioning day which I always had been prior to these issues with low magnesium where the tiredness is horrendous, the ability to stand for a couple of minutes (at it's worst) is impossible and I just wonder when I will return to some 'normality' 
  • Sorry for the long post, any answers would be appreciated. Thanks 
  • Hi Cazt and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

I'm sorry to read all that you've been going through and it's natural to want to see if anyone else has had a similar diagnosis. I don't have the experience you're looking for but I noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet.

I hope you don't mind me suggesting that you also join and post in the cervical cancer group as that way you'll connect directly with others who have had cervical cancer which has spread.

If this is something that you'd like to do, just click on the link I've created and, once you've joined, you can start a new post in the same way as you did here, and join in with existing conversations by clicking on reply.

It would be great if you could pop something about your diagnosis and treatment so far into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"