Bowel cancer returned in lymph nodes

• 6 replies
  • 9 subscribers

Hello everyone. My husband had bowel cancer 6 years ago and he had the tumour removed , chemo and radiotherapy and was given the all clear . He went for his final check last month and his tumour markers were very high so he had a scan . They have detected cancerous tumours in some stomach lymph nodes and are referring to them as secondary , stage 4. He is due to start chemo next week,  every two weeks . It will be through a pic line . I am worried sick . I suppose we were in shock so didn’t ask the right questions . I do remember the words incurable and inoperable which I can’t understand why. He is also having a biopsy done, if they can get to the lymph nodes as they said that it may be tricky . Any help would be appreciated. Thank you 

• Hello. I'm not much help but I'm in a very similar situation, 5 years ago I had cervical cancer stage 3 had radiotherapy chemo and brachytherapy told last week its back in my lymph nodes in my stomach and groin. When I spoke to a doctor he used towards like keeping the disease at bay and maintenance treatment. I'm beyond scared. I'm 39 with 5 kids 

• Hello Truly trying I have been thinking about you and wondered how you were doing . My husband is having a biopsy of the lymph nodes this Thursday x

• Hi, I am new to this group. Sadly my partner (aged 37) has been diagnosed with colon cancer and spread to lymph node. He had surgery to remove the diseased section of his colon and they removed 25 lymph nodes with showing cancer cells as a result of the biopsy.
    We have been informed that we will be referred to oncology and he will need Chemo but I just wanted to hear anyones experience/possible prognosis! My mind has gone into overdrive and of course I didn’t ask the right questions but now am fearing the worst! 

Dibi and Truly trying how are tour treatments going? 

• Hi CB1986

Hope your partner is doing well - it sounded like they are in similar situation than me (click on my name if you want more about me).

I was wondering how chemo was going and whether your partner has been given a plan for monitoring nodes.

• Hi,

Thankyou for your message! 

How are you?

My partner is doing ok Thankyou, he is on his 3rd round of chemo! There has been some side effects but on the whole he’s tolerated it really well.
    He has recently had a scan so awaiting results. My understanding is that if scan is clear then it will  be 6 monthly screening - but waiting for an appointment from oncology for next steps.

Whereabouts are u in your journey? 

Look forward to hearing from you soon

Charlene

• Hi CB1986

I'm just over half of a long 12 cycle chemo thrashing.

I'm doing ok thanks. A million side effects but i'm still standing and still smiling Wink.

I seem to not get offered scans after the 1st, though i am aware there is a radiologist resource shortage in my area. 

So i've just got my fingers tightly crossed re cancer being buzy zapping my nodes Grin