Chemo r-cvp nodular predominant lymphoma

• 4 replies
  • 7 subscribers

Hi anyone?/everyone?

I was diagnosed with nodular predominat Hodgkin lymphoma back in 2013.II had radiotherapy for 15days and was told I was cancer free. I then want on a “Watch and wait” to have annual Ct scans and clinic examination every 3 months.

The scans showed lump nodes growing but at a slow rate. I thought I was in remission?

Anyway as you do didn’t want to make waves with my haematologist.My latest scan showed up a 46mm golf ball size node in my groin.Ihad to push my consult to discuss with the MDT meeting.

They agreed on a small biopsy because it was so close to my bowel. The pain I get makes me feel nauseous. It feel like I’ve been kicked in my scrotum(I’m being polite.Blush

I’ve just started the 1st of 8 chemo cycles.and my 2nd one is due next week. I saw people with really grey complexions. Is this as a result of more sessions than me or are these patients terminally I’ll. wouldn’t want my daughters and son seeing me like this.

tbh

since having my first treatment I feel fine. NOnly thing has been that I tire easily. I’m 61 and atm moment I feel my age. Will the treat start giving more systems. I feel as if no drugs are in my system.

im great full if there’s anyone who can give me some advice as this is my first chemotherapy treatment 

many thanks

rodger

• Hi again Rodger , I am just dropping in past from the Lymphoma groups.

It would be very unusual to see anyone in this group having this treatment as it is specifically used for your type of Lymphoma…… Secondary Lymph Nodes Cancer is a different world compared to your NPHL.

The HL group is slow at the moment but do keep posting in the group as folks don’t log in all the time….. and it would be unusual for folks with HL to looking in this specific group.

Have you followed up on the information I gave you for Lymphoma Action?…… especially their regular regional online Lymphoma support groups but more importantly their Lymphoma Buddy Service as they may well be able to connect you directly with someone with the same-ish Lymphoma and treatment protocol.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• I know my cancer is less serious than what secondary cancer. I never said it was. Never even referred to secondary cancer. R-cvp is a none Hodgkin’s treatment.Where as mine is Hodgkin’s, that’s my query.Also doing research on YouTube shows my chemotherapy as a treatment for my cancer. No offence if I need a professional opinion il contact the MacMillan staff.It’s best for you not to contact me again.I wish you well in your journey and advising others about their conditions.

Take care

roger 

• Rodger, sorry if I came across in any way that was miss leading or in any way advisory, my aim is always to try and help folks navigate the community and their journey.

Yes you are correct about R-CVP normally being used for NHL and indeed there have been members in the NHL group received this treatment.

I wish you all the very best with your treatment journey.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Fair enough 

online communities aren’t my bag. I’m going contact macmillan by phone.

kind Regards