Second secondary spread!

• 2 replies
  • 4 subscribers

Hello 

I was told yesterday that the latest surgery for secondary cancer in my liver, has been removed, but has now spread to one of my lungs. Can anyone share their experience of treatment please? I was told that chemo and immunotherapy were the way to go, otherwise, I could die in the next 6 months. I’m not convinced that I should go for it, as it’s very time intensive going back and forth to hospital. My other concern is the side effects from both. I suffered really badly from Capox back in June/July, and can’t help worrying that this will happen again.

• Hi Jools63  I am sorry to hear your news. What a dilemma you find yourself in. Although chemo is not a walk in the park, immunotherapy is less harsh. I haven’t had either myself, so I cannot give you a personal experience, however, I have spoken to many people over the years who have. Some people sail through treatment with very minimal side effects, other people don’t have it so easy. I have also known people to have only immunotherapy and not have the chemo for their lung cancer. Have you spoken with your oncologist to see if this could be an option? 

Lots for you to think about I know. Could I also suggest that you join the Lung cancer forum as that is more active than this group, and you may be able to speak with someone who is currently on treatment there. 

All the best. 

Chelle 

Try to be a rainbow,in somebody else's cloud
    Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge
  • Thanks for your reply. I will take your advice and have another conversation with my oncology doctor when I see him next week. You’ve given me something to think about, which I really appreciate. Have a lovely Christmas, if you celebrate it!