advice

• 1 reply
  • 4 subscribers

hi everyone. was diagnosed with waldemstroms macroglobulinemia 3 years ago.  Been on watch and wait since.  More recently developed what i thought was just a cold bac in nov.  After some meds and scans turns out lung cancer back in april.  Since then its spread to lymph nodes.  Am starting treatment in week or so already on some to build up immune system appetite etc.  My question is could this cancer have spread from the blood cancer i got 3 years ago.  Plus how bad is the chemo effects.  Im having 4 cycles of it alongside immunotheryapy.  im at stage 4 

• Hi  I am sorry you find yourself here. It will impossible for anyone here to say whether the lung cancer has come from the blood cancer. It is a possibility, but it is also possible for it to be a completely different cancer. Only your oncologist can answer this for you.

It is good to hear you will be starting treatment soon. The chemo/immunotherapy combination is very common for lung cancer. Chemo can be hard going, but everyone reacts differently. They will give you anti sickness meds, please take these even if you don’t feel sick at the time. Immunotherapy isn’t as harsh as chemo, but is a very effective treatment. They will go through all side effects with you before your treatment starts.

Can I suggest you also come and join the Lung cancer forum as the group is more active than this one. There are lots of people there who are on chemo/immunotherapy who can share their experience with you. 

Chelle 

Try to be a rainbow,in somebody else's cloud
    Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge