New to the group

• 2 replies
  • 5 subscribers

Hi all I’m Chris,

I’m new to this forum and happy to chat to all.

I’ve been dealing with cancer 2 years now, had a kidney removed and received immunotherapy for secondary lung cancer which I’ve reacted to.

I’ve a number of health issues caused by immuno disorders and high dose long term steroids.

My thoughts go to everyone affected by cancer, it’s a horrid thing and the only positive is the lovely people I’ve met along the way.

Dealing with it on my own has been very stressful, keeping a positive mental attitude and keeping busy I find helps.

Thanks

Chris

•  

Hi Chris

I'm not a member of this group but I saw your introductory post and just wanted to say hello and thanks for offering to chat to other people who find themselves in a similar situation.

This particular group can be fairly quiet so, as your primary cancer was in your kidney, you might also want to join and post in the kidney cancer group.

If this is something that you'd like to do, just click on the link I've created which will take you straight there. You can then join and start a new post in the same way as you did here and join in with existing conversations by clicking on 'reply'.

It would be great if you could pop something about your diagnosis and treatment so far into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• H Chris

I had my left Kidney removed last August due to cancer and in March this year was told the cancer had gone into both lungs.

I have been on Pazapanib tablets since April.  Due to my Liver not being happy on the high dose am now on a reduced dose which I'm pleased to say has started to reduce the cancer in my lungs and my Liver function has gone back to normal.

Will hope that soon you have good news and they find something that suits you.

Take care and hope that you have a healthier New Year.

All the Best

Betty