Secondary lung cancer

• 5 replies
  • 5 subscribers

Got diagnosed last Wednesday during a consultation that I thought was going to just tell me I would be getting corrective bowel surgery, I was devastated to then be told I have 2  centimeters spots of cancer in the lungs. I totally feel out of my depth, I feel really alone even though I have a loving wife and small son to try and keep me smiling. All I've been told is the size of each spot, and that I will be getting a PET scan. I'm so worried about the future, I have no idea of life expectancy or treatment that will give me the best quality of life. To say I am petrified is a major understatement. 

• Hi

I'm sorry to see that no one from this group has felt able to step forward and tell you about their experiences yet.

I hope you don't mind me suggesting that you also join and post this in the bowel cancer group where you'll find others with secondaries. It's also a much busier group than this one and I'm sure you'll get a reply if you post there.

If this is something that you'd like to do clicking on the link I've created will take you straight there where you can join and post in the same way as you did here.

When you have a minute it would be great if you could pop something about your journey so far into your profile as it really helps others when answering or looking for someone with a similar diagnosis. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• I have several lung mets now but if you have 5 or less it is possible to have RFA to destroy the mets which can slow things down. I had the procedure done 10 years ago. It may be worth it for you to ask about it .

Good luck x

Ruth 

• Sorry, all this is new to me since only informed last week. What is RFA please? I have two in my lung, one in my liver and primary in my pancreas.

• It is radio frequency ablation. You can google it. Only if mets are 3 cm or less 

Ruth 

• Quite normal to be petrified, young man Heart️ Even to the point of an extremely rapid rush to the loo, if you follow my meaning Weary BUT, it is not a death sentence in any way. The treatments these days ARE incredible. So, trust in your Consultant and Oncologist and the treatment they prescribe, my darlin’. It IS bloody hard to Heartope with but they have you best health interests at heart. ASK direct questions, don’t be afraid to say ‘what’s the prognosis’, is it terminal’, if so, how long, will treatment sort it out or just mHeartke it more comfortable??? I’ve done this and shocked all around me but you DO get the truth and know your options. No-one wants the worst case scenario, but that’s not forced to be the case. Keep yoHeartr chin up, HARD - I know, absorb the love of your family and go ASK them. You can do it, you’ve already shown you’re a strong lad. My love and thoughts are with you Heart️ ONE phrase I won’t use on you is think positive, that doesn’t help, just TRUST in the medics! YOU have a future Kissing heart