Head and neck cancer metastasised to lungs

• 5 replies
  • 6 subscribers

Hi I had stage 1A cancer of the tonsil diagnosed in June 2019 (neck lump). I had surgeries in July to remove the tonsil tumour and 26 lymph nodes. Followed up with IMRT in October. Then following my annual edit list in January I noticed my peak lung function was very low. I told the cancer team and got a CT scan followed by a PET-CT which confirmed it had spread to my lungs - that’s incurable. Started palliative chemo in July and just had a scan after 3 cycles and was pleased to learn that I have had an excellent response and the tumours are now 50% smaller. Still can’t be cured but now maybe I’ll live past the end of next year. I’ve learned a lot and would be happy to share if it helps anyone. I have a Wordpress blog called “dadthebikeracer” if anyone fancies a look. PS I’m 52 and generally very fir and healthy.

• Hi 

That's great news that your tumours are now 50% smaller!

It's also great to hear that you want to help others by sharing your experiences. I'm sure they'll be lots of people who could benefit.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hiya, chemo cleared up most of the lesions. Next scan end of March. Hoping nothing has come back Fingers crossed. See the blog - it’s public

Still one of the lucky ones.
    dadthebikeracer on Wordpress 
    @chemocyclist on Twitter
  • Great news !

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Wow that sounds really positive, I’m so happy for you. I’m so worried about the palliative Chemo as I found the first Chemo sessions hard as I was sick as a dog. Did you have a pick line fitted for your palliative Chemo? If so what was that like?

• hi, im new here, i had cancer of the base of the tongue, finished 7 weeks daily R plus 3 x chemo...and was thinking all clear. never recovered from treatment really and now told its secondary in the lung. truly hoping i will follow in your footsteps and have a positive outcome to palliative treatment. wishing you all the best, x