Hello from Me

• 4 replies
  • 106 subscribers

Hello All

I joined this forum a week ago after receiving a phone call from the hospital telling me my latest PET scan had lit up like a Christmas tree, maybe slight exageration but it seems I now join this group along with Head and Neck and skin pages.  Crazy cancer seems to be on a tour round the body popping up all over the place but each one seems to be a separate cancer.  No idea what is going on.  Quick look at my profile will explain 18 months of madness.  From the start I was told there were a couple of lung nodules but thye were not doing anything so just checked on regular CTs, now it seems they want a front row seat.  Not had appointment with surgeons yet but call said they want to operate as left nodule is showing up as very active, also one in right is shining but not doing anything yet.  Initially my head was spinning but now back to my pragmatic attitude and will take it as it comes.

Anyone had surgery to lower left lung nodule and can give any advice of what to expect, got to call the nurses tomorrow as not had an appointment through and this is what they asked me to do if not heard in a week.  Guess it is on my mind tonight because of that.

Take care

Mo xx

• Hi Mo,

Welcome to the group. You might remember chatting with me on the H&N page when my lung mass was first spotted right at the beginning of this pandemic.

I’m sorry I can’t advise you as my surgery didn’t go ahead due to lymph node involvment & being too risky!

I’m sure someone will be along soon to help with any uncertainties you may have.

The not knowing is the worst feeling & I hope they get to the bottom of what’s going on with you very soon. In the meantime keep strong- I love your attitude towards all that’s happened to you & I’m sure Sherman is still keeping you on your toes!

Good luck with getting your appointment sorted today & hope you don’t have to wait too long.

All the best

little-fi xx

• Hi Mo, welcome to our group, although sorry you find yourself here. I’ve just read your profile. Gosh what a year you’ve had. Sorry, I don’t have experience of lung surgery, but as little-if said, I’m sure someone will come along soon with some advice. Hope you get some news today on a surgery date. 

Take care 

Chelle 

Try to be a rainbow,in somebody else's cloud
    Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge
  • Hi Fi and Chelle

Got my appointment with Cardio Thoracics over the phone on Tuesday so hopefully will get some idea of time scale and plan from that.  My daughter has decided she is going to spend the day with me to keep me laughing and upbeat.  Of course I remember you Fi, think we have been on similar paths, more like a roller coaster ride, just got to hang in there.

Sherman is keeping me busy, got him a small pony coat to try and keep him dry and have engaged a local dog walker, its mainly for after surgery but going with her for a couple of weeks to be sure he does not play her up and she can handle him.

Thank you both for replying, yes I laugh and joke about but I am scared as it just keeps coming.

Take care

Mo

• Hi Mo

just read your profile and you’ve certainly had a year!

i hope they get this surgery sorted soon for you. I didn’t qualify for surgery however it seems to work well for those that so.

look forwars to hearing some good news from you after surgery