Immunotherapy

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 3 replies
  • 105 subscribers

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone in the group suffer from colitis.   I have been receiving immunotherapy and chemo for the las 6 months but unfortunately my colitis has flared up so bad.

i am under a gastroenterologist and he has prescribed several different medications I.e suppositories, and oral tablets of the same, and nothing seems to be Improving.

My oncologists have stopped the immunotherapy for now, As they want me in good health before I have anymore, Although I am still having chemo. They seem to think the immunotherapy may have given me this latest flare up. 

i wondered if anyone else may have heard about anyone who has had this happen to them, or suffered same .

At the moment it is so delibitating and I feel so down.

thank you

Farmor

• Hi Farmor

Sorry to hear you are having problems. Unfortunately I can’t recall anyone mentioning having colitis, maybe somebody has it but as it’s not raised any issues with treatment it hasn’t been mentioned. At least all your treatment has not been stopped, your chemo continues. As the oncologist only deals with your cancer maybe you should go back to the gastroenterologist and explain your concerns that nothing seems to be improving, It’s not surprising you are feeling down with the colitis situation but the fact it is stalling part of your treatment is making you worse.

Hopefully someone will be able to address your problems, sorry I can’t be of any help

Julie
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Justme19

Thank you for your reply and kind advice .

i hope you are handling your treatment and feeling OK.

kind regards

Farmor

• Hi,

Ive have UC for 23 years and started Immunotherapy (Prembiluzimab) this year. I recently thougt my Colitis flared up, but following a Colonoscopy a month ago, it isnt UC. My current symptoms felt and looked like Colitis, but I now beleve they are Coeliac like symptoms, which may be related to the Prem. I have a couple of documented case studies which relate to this and Ive moved to a Glutten free diet (Not cheap). Not sure if this helps.

Kdon24