Lung cancer

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 7 replies
  • 104 subscribers

Hi I have just been diagnosed with non small cell lung cancer, all I know at the moment is pet scan and brain scan clear, it's in lung & lymph node, I have no idea what stage I forgot to ask that important question, I am waiting for appointment and have been told high dose radiation 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Where

I am sorry to hear of your diagnosis. It is good to hear that the PET scan was clear and your brain scan. 

Unfortunately we wouldn't know what stage you are as this depends on the size of they cyst, how many lobes are affected and which lymph node it is in.

Radiotherapy usually is a very effective treatment. Once you see them you will get your full plan and start to deal with things with often makes us feel much better.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi my hubby has the same have you got a tuma  and where is it? my hunny is on his first chemo 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Hi lemonlocks,  just had my first meeting yesterday stage 3 lung cancer treatment should start within next 3 x

• FormerMember

Hi where my hubby has the same he was to;ld not operative so radiation then they changed mind and chemo had his first one but had a reaction so awaiting the second chemo

• FormerMember

Hi lemonlockx 

Been busy few days appointment's for this and that, I am getting radiotherapy plus chemo start august so it's a bit daunting, also in operable hope your hubby feeling better xx

• Hi exactly same so far my hubby cant have an op re the location and his fitness levls...due to see radiotherapy team to discuss options...i will update after that and he has to have a colonoscopy this weekend too...

Take care

Xx

• Hi exactly same so far my hubby cant have an op re the location and his fitness levls...due to see radiotherapy team to discuss options...i will update after that and he has to have a colonoscopy this weekend too...

Take care

Xx