devastated to hear my lovley daughter in law has only going to be with us for 2-3 weeks .

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 3 replies
  • 105 subscribers

our lovely daughter in law was diagnosed 3 weeks ago after a chest xray and CT scan that she had lung cancer,after further tests she was told last week that it had spread to her liver and bones.She refused chemo as she wanted  to reman as healthy as possible for as long as possible for her grown up daughters and a very young son.Today she was told its continued to spread and she only has 2-3 weeks..She is desprate to go home with nursing care .we lost our eldest son to lymphoma  & my husband & i have both had and recovered from cancer  but this has really thrown us as a family.Our son has gone through watching  his brother loose his fight and his parents fighting this awfull decease that i am worried for him and him becoming   mum  & dad to 3  the youngest being 6 years old..

• I'm so sorry for all the pain and sadness that you and your family are going through and there is nothing that I can say to make it any better for you s I hope your loved daughter in law gets home with her family that loves her and you s find support to help you s all God bless yousxxxz

Poppy
  • Hi

So very sorry that you find yourself on here.  This dreadful disease has no respect for anyone, and sadly some families do seem to have to deal with this more than they should.

There is some good info on the MacMillan site regarding explaining cancer to young people and the page can be find via this link;

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/information-and-support/coping/talking-about-cancer/talking-to-children/advice-on-talking-to-children-about-cancer.html

Your son will cope especially with the love and support of the family; be supportive but also let him find his own way to become the sole parent.

Kegsy x

"If you are going through hell, keep going" ; Sir Winston Churchill
    " Cancer may take my life; however it will not become my life" Kegsy August 2011
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

I am so sorry to read that you are going through this. I hope that your daughter in law gets home soon and can spend as much quality time with her loved ones as possible. Sending positive thoughts your way. God bless you x