New to the group hoping for some advice

• 2 replies
  • 142 subscribers

My Dad was diagnosed last year and was told it's incurable but treatable. He had 4 rounds of combined chemo and immunotherapy and then immunotherapy by itself this stopped in January due to numbness in his calf's and feet so waiting to see a neurologist to see if it's the chemo, immunotherapy or diabetes (he's type 1) his consultant has said that if the neurologist says it's immunotherapy he'll stop all treatment which is heartbreaking considering he's been doing so well and the tumour has shrunk considerably.

Has anyone experienced numbness? Was it the immunotherapy or chemo? Looking for any advice Pray

this is the type of lung cancer he has 

Cavitating right sided squamous cell carcinoma with single left lung metastasis

• Hi  I haven’t had immunotherapy so I cannot comment on that, but wanted to welcome you to our group. This is a very supportive group,with a real mix of people with lung cancer themselves and people supporting their loved ones with this disease. Hopefully someone will be along soon to discuss this with you, but I do wonder if the immunotherapy is effecting his diabetes and this is the real problem. 

Hopefully you will get some answers from dad’s medical team soon. 

Chelle 

Try to be a rainbow,in somebody else's cloud
    Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge
  • Thanks so much for responding and your lovely words, fingers crossed I can get some advice