Lung cancer

• 14 replies
  • 148 subscribers

Hi. Just thought I'd say hello Slight smile

• Hello nina

how are you doing, do you want to chat about something. A bit about me, I have advanced lung cancer was diagnosed December 2021. I am ok at the moment, I have down days but otherwise  ok.

message back if you want to chat

Donna

• Hi Nina,

As Donna said, ask away.

I had surgery on 8/6, for a RUL removal, and have  recovered really well. Keep exercising and well nourished is my tip.

I need to start chemo ( 4 cycles) on 3/8 to minimise the risk of reoccurence. 

Take care,

Chas

• Hi. I'm just beginning my journey. I've had surgery, removal of my upper lobe and wedge removal on my lower lobe. I've received my six month check up letter for  next month and it really has frightened me. I thought I handled everything okay but somehow  the thought of recurrence is scaring me more. How have you coped  with your news, have you had surgery or is it too advanced?. I hope you don't mind me asking?

• Hi thanks for your reply. I'm glad to hear you are recovering well. I had upper and lower lobe removal on right side in Feb 2022.im feeling okay but very nervous of my follow up appointment next month, recurrence seems sooooo frightening. 

Have you got a date for your scan and follow up? 

• I understand. The gaps in between are for me when normality returns. Those letters and pending appointments sometimes hit hard.

I had similar surgery to you on 8th June. RUL and a wedge from the mid lobe. Annoyingly there were some lymph nodes affected. Hence my adjuvant chemo starting on 3rd August . To be followed by a 3 year course of targeted therapy, Tagrisso.

I will get a scan after my third chemo cycle. I was worried by some symptoms a few weeks ago. So I got my GP to ok me for an X ray. It was all clear. My oncologist told me last week. (They would have called me in if there was anything untoward). My symptoms of coughing, tightness were probably due to the healing from the surgery.

The waiting is often the worst thing. Sooo, I was similar to you. I was waiting for the molecular lab results on the tumour to tell me what sort of cancer it was and how it could be treated. Getting the X ray clear result meant I was doing something to manage my own health. And help the medics help me, if there had been problems still with my chest.

Have you someone to talk with? I phoned a Macmillan nurse once. You could try that. 

I have virtually no family, don't wish to burden friends, so I cope by trying to feel in control of my journey. Do things that I feel will have a positive effect on my health. I mentioned before exercise and good nutrition. It's all about what makes you feel better.

Take care,

Chas

• Hi Nina.

I’m happy to chat about my cancer. Please don’t be afraid to ask, I have advanced lung cancer, treatable but not curable, I am doing ok my ct scans show I am stable. I am 58 with no other underlying health issues. I had no symptoms to indicate I had cancer until I discovered a lump under my arm in December 2021. I have a treatment plan which consists of chemotherapy and immunotherapy, I have completed 4 cycles of chemotherapy and immunotherapy combined at the end of April 2022, I am continuing with immunotherapy for the next 18 months. I am generally in good health. 

we all get a bit scared when it comes to check up time, however I always think it’s better to know than not know what’s happening. Try and stay positive, I know this is easy said. I try and do something positive everyday and be happy, and I deal with any news when I get it. I have 2 lovely little dogs, they keep me busy and active and I also have a full time job, I have taken a break from my job at the moment to help me get through the chemotherapy, the chemotherapy was hard but doable. I am now planning my return to work.

I would like to assure you no one in this forum will judge you for asking questions, we all have a choice, we don’t have to answer if we don’t want to. I have the odd down day and when that happens people on this forum have been there to offer support and that’s been brilliant, I never feel alone.

if you want to know anything else please feel free to ask

in the mean time have a good day, give yourself a pat on the back you are doing great

Hugs xxx Donna

• Hi Nina

I had a lower left lobectomy on 7 April.  At the same time they removed a benign cyst from the upper left lobe.  No further treatment was indicated by the histology and there was no evidence of disease on the surveillance scan I had done at the beginning of this month.

My next scan is in November.  I'll spend the time between now and then getting the garden back in order and getting ready for Christmas.

1. Hiya Nina I've got stage 4 lung cancer. Been on chemo tablet for just over a year now. If you want to talk like Hamhat as said message back. Their are quite a few on here who can give u good advice Thumbsup 
  • Hi Hamhat how u doing 

• Hi muffin break

i have my ups and downs, mostly I’m good, I get a bit scared at scan time but otherwise I just try and get on with things. How are you doing?