Need help urgently!!

• 1 reply
  • 142 subscribers

My uncle was diagnosed with spindle cell sarcoma in right hand wrist and after surgery lower arm was amputated. And we thought everything was going well. Bt now during his routine checkup 3 months later, they found that multiple (atleast 25) metastatic lesions are present in the lung bilateral area.

And now the doctors are saying it is non curable and there is little time left for him. Can anyone suggest me what to do and should i go for second opinion?

• Hi Mahima I am so sorry to hear about your uncle. 

It will be very hard for any of us to give advice on this as we are not medically trained, and everyone’s cancer is different. You are entitled to ask for a 2nd opinion, and you can ask your uncles oncologist or doctor to arrange this for you. 

It is so very scary when a loved one gets a diagnoses like this. There are other support groups on the community that you may want to join where you can talk to other people who are in a similar situation to yourself. Supporting someone with incurable cancer forum is a very supportive group. You can also call the Macmillan support line on 0808 808 00 00 from 8am until 8pm 7 days a week. 

I wish you and your uncle all the very best x 

Chelle 

Try to be a rainbow,in somebody else's cloud
    Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge