Newly diagnosed Lung Cancer

• 16 replies
  • 147 subscribers

Hi thanks for the add I was diagnosed last week and have my first face to face appointment with the surgeon to discuss what is going to happen with surgery being in 2-3 weeks… this has all come as a complete surprise as I originally complained of breathlessness and have had so many heart scans angiogram XRays ECGs  then a CT which was followed by a PET scan and Lung Function Test…I then had a phone call saying I was being transferred to Cardiothoracic Surgeons as a lesion had shown up and it needed removing and part of the lung would be removed also…well you could have knocked me down with a feather … I am wondering why I am having surgery and not chemotherapy…he did say there is some emphysema around the lesion…has anyone else had this?

• Laughing Sounds like you’re on form Laughing good for you…had a very good appointment the lovely consultant gave me the options and we’re gonna go with lobectomy done with keyhole surgery….had all my tests except Covid today so now just wait Thumbsupr a date then self isolate… feeling positive Thumbsup

• JbHi Realshannon

lovely to hear your story, l have just had the pet scan on brain and lung as my lump has grown.

I am suffering with terrible anxiety and fear of what is ahead.

thankyou for sharing and sending all my beast wishes for your future 

Regards

Tara

• Hi Tara, just tell yourself, you have got this. Everything is being looked at and analysed, you are on their radar. It's amazing what can be done. I found it helped me most days to tell myself i was a survivor. Sending big hug and a big pile of positivity and strength x

• I mis read one of your posts. Yes, I still get short of breath but you get used to it and learn to breathe more deeply. If you need to, stop, take a big deep breath and carry on. It gets better but you have to work at it. I was given a spirometer which after surgery I used religiously daily and that really helps. 

• Thank you Shannon for your kind words, I’m truly terrified thinking of what lies ahead of me. I’m surfing through stories  some positive others a nightmare. Your story gives gives me encouragement.

Hope you continue on your positive path and things get even better in the future for you. You’ve been so strong .

Please keep your news up wishing you all the very very best.

Tara

• I think we all, at some stage, surf the net and probably read too much. I got confused with it all so decided to stick to this site and Cancer Research site. Not only do you get a UK view the information is relevant. Again, don't know if I was just lucky but the oncology nurse assigned to me has been excellent, she was reassuring and very knowledgeable when I needed her.