Newby

• 1 reply
  • 145 subscribers

Hi everyone. I am new to this group and reading all the posts, I am now reassured that there are people out there who understand the difficulties when caring for a relative with lung cancer.

Our journey started when my Mum was diagnosed in Dec 2019. She had chemo and radiotherapy and was given the all clear in June 2020. 

She was diagnosed again in June this year following her first check up but, this time, its not treatable (her request). We were told she had a matter of months. We are now in September and, the cancer is definitely progressing now. 

My Mum also has dementia which makes caring for her a bit more difficult as she sometimes does not know what is happening to her. 

Thank you for reading Slight smile

• Hi Joobs

Sorry to here your mum is going through it all again and to top it off she has other illnesses.  She sounds a very brave lady as do you.  I don't look after anyone but have SCLC myself and its not curable but I do understand the pressure you have on your shoulders as my daughter trys to hide how she feels. Keep your chin up and thinking of you Jean xx