Ex sclc treatment

• 2 replies
  • 143 subscribers

Hi All

New to this forum

My beloved sister has ex sclc and to date has short course radiotherapy to chest and 4 cycles of carboplatin. First CT scan was quite positive but second (although radiologist was still to forward report to oncologist) showed progression. At this juncture the oncologist advises against 2nd line chemo as she doesn’t deem her fit enough, I need to get her fitter  and stronger. Anyone Anywhere got suggestions as how I can help her achieve this.Many thanks

• Hi and welcome to the online community

I'm sorry to read that your sister has lung cancer and know what a worrying time this will be for your whole family.

I noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet so by replying to you it will 'bump' your post back to the top of the page where hopefully it'll be seen by someone in the group who can share their experiences of getting fitter and stronger with you.

While you're waiting for replies it would be great if you could pop something about your sister's diagnosis and treatment into your profile as it really helps others when answering or looking for someone with a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username. 

x

Community Champion Badge

What is a Community Champion?

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"
  • Hello, I found by doing gentle walking a little everyday has helped me. Extensive sclc with secondary's on brain, liver and adrenal gland. On the day before my second line chemo I managed to get up to six miles. Don't push too hard and try to encourage your sister to walk a little further every few days. Also a healthy diet and a positive mind set. Hope it all goes well for your sister and you xx