Hello everyone- Post lung lobectomy due to start chemo soon

• 3 replies
  • 144 subscribers

It’s nice to know there’s a support group, I’ve found the MacMillan website very helpful.  it’s a bit of an isolating experience and very daunting.  I’m 56 and I’m 5 weeks post surgery to remove a third of right lung. Onot caught incidentally after having a check up for something else, so getting over the shock really.  Cancer cells found in lymph nodes as well so due to start chemo soon.  Seeing doc tomorrow to find out all about it.   Never joined a forum before so not sure if Im doing this right!  

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community

That's great to read that you've found the Macmillan site really useful and I hope you'll find this group useful and supportive too.

I'm not a member of this group but noticed that your post hadn't had any replies to you. This is probably because your post has slipped off the first page before someone's seen it. Replying to you will 'bump' it back to the top of the discussion list where it'll be more easily seen.

While you're waiting for replies it would be great if you could pop something about your diagnosis and treatment into your profile as it really helps others when answering or looking for someone with a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username. 

How did your appointment with your doctor go yesterday?

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Thank you so much, think I’ve added a bio now….Saw chemo doc who explained everything, just waiting for a start date now.  Good news about your July results. x

• Great to hear that you had a good meeting with your doc and I hope you don't have to wait too long for the start of your treatment.

Yes, I was very relieved!

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"