Lung cancer stage 4

• 12 replies
  • 105 subscribers

My mom was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer last January. She had her lung removed, x2 lots of chemo & her latest CT scan showed nodules on her remaining lung. Chemo has stopped as they said it wasn’t doing anything and she’s now having immunotherapy. She’s had her CT scan after 3 rounds of this and we get results tomorrow. I’m just looking for any positive stories from others who have been in similar situation ? Any immunotherapy success stories ? Am really struggling with everything x 

• Hi   I haven’t had immunotherapy myself, but wanted to wish you luck with mums scan today. I know how nerve wracking it is waiting for results. Please let us know how she gets on. 

Chelle 

Try to be a rainbow,in somebody else's cloud
    Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge
  • It wasn’t good news Broken heart doctors have said her latest scan has shown sign of progression. She’s had 3 rounds of immunotherapy, her 4th next week. Still not 100% sure on what’s happening next, she’s back to see her consultant again next week x 

• I am sorry to hear that. That is devastating news for you both. I hope the consultant has some better news next week for her. Is she still going to have the immunotherapy next week ? 

Chelle 

Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge
  • Yes, her treatment is going ahead as planned on Wednesday and then she will see her consultant on Thursday to see what’s next. Not sure what other options there is as chemo didn’t work and seems immuno isn’t either, I’m heartbroken Broken heart x

• You really do feel hopeless because you cannot do anything to stop it or help that person. I feel like I've failed to stop him from smoking, now he has lung cancer. The waiting around for results is absolutely horrible. I want results yesterday!!!! But that doesn't happen in real life and it feels life is really dragging it's feet. If cancer was a person, I would be in prison now for the rest of my life. Don't give up, it is bloody hard watching the other person go through it and you feel things need to move faster. I pray for your mum to get the help she really needs right now xx

• It’s the worst thing in the world watching the ones you love suffer. My mom is a non smoker, life is just so cruel Broken heart they have stopped my moms treatment now as her cancer is still growing. She’s being referred now to take part in trials to see if they can help with it. Just lost for words, feel like our whole world is crumbling around us Broken heart xx 

• Oh so sorry for you both all you can do is to be there for your mum and I m sure she knows she has you .Its horrible because no one can say the right things because all you want to hear is some goodHeartor some positive news Please let us know how it goes and this place is marvellous if you just want to rant or scream There should be a cancer scream emoji to make us feel betterHeart

• Find out about any trials going on somewhere, these new trials are rolling out to see if they are the future drug needed for peeps with cancer. There could be some going on at this moment. No harm in looking and investigating. Your mum might say no, but if it will extend her life a little, then it's a no brainer. Search medical and cancer websites first before going on Google. What about herbal things she could take or acupuncture or hypnosis by a trained professional person? I know how you feel as I was at my wits end trying to find something that could 'save' him, endless hours of looking for that little bit of info that would be a lifesaver or ideas of how to 'beat' it. Please do not give up. There MUST be something out there for your mum.

• I was diagnosed in 2020 with stage 4 had two years of pembrolizumab and radiotherapy have been stable 14 months now and was discharged from the saron trial yesterday and will have annual check ups from now on .

• Hi  I am interested in the saron trial. Would you be able to tell us about it, and what it involved. It may be helpful if you could make a separate post so it doesn’t get lost in the thread. Don’t feel that you have to, but would be very helpful x 

Chelle 

Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge