Sauna. Does it help?

• 3 replies
  • 105 subscribers

I’ve been wondering about my breathing and a horrible cough. 
After my op March I developed a dry persistent non producing cough. 
I tried everything, breathing exercises, nebuliser but nothing helped. 
I flew to Spain August 1st and the cough disappeared. This sparked a thought that maybe I’m allergic to our green and pleasant land

So I’m now on antihistamines and nasal spray which have helped until now. The coughs back and really getting to me down 

I remember my LC nurse replying after I’d said about my experience that it was common hot dry countries can have that affect 

So this morning I wondered what about trying a sauna!

Has anyone tried this ?

As I also. Have had bowel surgery I feel anxious about wearing a swimsuit in a sauna then starting to cough. Especially after us all being anxious about a cough with Covid still out there

I could have the potential of evacuating the building Flushed

• Hi Artsie, sorry to hear the cough is back! The weather at the moment is definitely not helping! I personally don’t like saunas, I feel like I can’t breath in there because it’s just too hot. 

When I went on a cruise recently I had been reading about people who had used a portable humidifier to help with cabin cough which is thought to be brought on my the air con. So I tried it, and it is the first time I did not come back with cabin cough, and nor did my husband. So since we have been home I have been using the humidifier at night. I think it helps! It wasn’t expensive about £12.00 and it’s small, not much bigger than a large mug. I got mine from Amazon, it’s also got a little night light on it which is handy. Might be worth a try x 

Chelle 

Try to be a rainbow,in somebody else's cloud
    Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge
  • Aw thank you so much. I’ll try anything. This wheeze is really getting me down. 
    Spain definitely works. I stepped off the plane I was a new woman. I could not believe it. Air con affected me then my bro changed the settings and I was great. We needed air con it was so hot 

Thanks again. I’ll check it out right now. 

ps. I don’t like saunas either to hot dry and closed . I was always a steam room and jacuzzi after a work out. 

Ann
     ‍Art

• As for trying a sauna, it could be worth a shot since hot, dry air might help with respiratory issues. However, I understand your concern about wearing a swimsuit and potentially coughing in public, especially with Covid precautions in mind. It might be worth consulting with a healthcare professional before trying it out. If you're interested in exploring outdoor sauna options, you might find some useful insights on https://solasauna.com/outdoor-saunas . They offer information on different sauna setups that could potentially provide some relief.