Lung cancer

• 3 replies
  • 103 subscribers

Hi I’m reasonably new here. Im a 67 year old woman and I have a nodule in my left lung it’s very small but it is live, I have met the surgeon from Leicester and he said he could operate in 3 to 4 weeks and has explained the worse case scenario’s, I also have emphysema and if this lump is cancerous and has spread, he might have  to remove more of my lung this  means I could be on oxygen for the rest of my life.  I did smoke and I stopped 8weeks ago and my breathing has improved,
I don’t know what this means to my quality of life..

I have always been reasonably active and I care for my 46 year old son has Autism and learning difficulties.  

• Hi Bren. having any operation is daunting, and I can imagine your concern, especially as care for your son as well. Does he have other carers who can assist whilst you are in hospital and are recovering? 

Chelle 

Try to be a rainbow,in somebody else's cloud
    Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge
  • I do have 2 other children plus my husband that will be there for my son. 
    the surgeon has requested a scan on my heart,  that’s being done on Thursday then I have an appointment for an MRI scan on the 22nd June. Since April 5th I have had an X-ray, CT scan, PETscan, now a heart scan then MRI is this safe. 

• Hi Bren, all of those tests are standard. The heart scan may be an ultra sound scan, so nothing to worry about. 

I am glad you have family support for yourself and your son. Good luck with the rest of your scans. Hopefully you will have a date for the op soon xx 

Chelle 

Try to be a rainbow,in somebody else's cloud
    Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge