Two years after treatment

Hi, I haven’t posted for a while, just realised that it is two years since I completed my last immunotherapy treatment. It was during the first lockdown. I had Keytruda (Pembro)for two years for Lung cancer. Thought it may help someone who is just starting treatment to read a positive post. I had a scan about a month ago and everything was good. I am so grateful to still be here, I saw my daughter marry in November 2021 something that I didn’t think I would see. 

• Hi Grandmar, thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am so happy to hear how well you have done on immunotherapy. It is good for people to hear the good news stories, it gives hope to many, so thank you.

xx 

Chelle 

Try to be a rainbow,in somebody else's cloud
    Maya Angelou
  • Well done, wishing you many more years xxx

Donna

• So happy for you x amazing news xxxx  positive stories are what we need more of. Xxx

• Hi Grandma, that is amazing news I am so pleased for you. My hubby has non small cell lung cancer, he had chemoradiation and has just had his first 3 month scan and it has shrunk considerably but unfortunately he developed pneumonia ans sepsis following his treatment and was unfortunately out of time to start durvalumab which we were gutted about.  His oncologist said he would hold it in reserve if his cancer recurred.  It is so good to know that the immunotherapy has been so successful for you and it gives us hope for the future. Thank you for sharing your journey. 

• Hi Thornaby lass, I hope all goes well for your husband and I’m pleased that my post gives people hope. I had a telephone appointment about a month ago now and my consultant said I was in ‘complete remission’ which made me so happy! My daughter is expecting a baby in January so I have a lot to look forward to. Just feel so fortunate to be alive. Best wishes to you and your husband, I know it’s not easy for partners of Cancer Patients but your support I’m sure, is very much appreciated. Take care x

• Wow amazing and such an inspiration thank you. Can I ask what type of lung cancer you had? Etc?

many thanks in advance 

• Hi Sharkey

I have Squamous cell carcinoma of the left lung which could not be operated on. I also had a tumour on my right kidney.  The immunotherapy worked well on the lung but the kidney one was still growing.  Because I was doing so well they decided to remove my kidney in March 2019. I am well at the moment and have even started a little part time job. I feel so incredibly lucky and I know how fortunate I have been. I wish you well and hope that journey goes well x