Stage 4 adenocarcinoma

• 39 replies
  • 108 subscribers

Hi all I've stage 4 adenocarcinoma starting immunotherapy on monday, i am on the saron trail is anyone else on it .

• My Husband was diagnosed with very similar prognosis to you . 
    Right lung and lymph node , chemo , radio and immunotherapy . Radio for Garry only got worse in the last week or so of treatment , difficulty swallowing and radiation burn on right collar bone . Lived off chicken soup and soggy rice crispies for a couple of weeks but was soon on the mend . He to is back to work even after a secondary brain tumour came back twice and undergoing radiotherapy on the brain . Like you say everyone is different in their tolerance , shout loud if the effects are getting to much , there is always light at the end of the tunnel. Take every day as it comes. 
    Garry also has the terminal diagnosis but to look at him he looks younger than a lot of men his age . Good luck and stay in touch .Fran

• Hi little-fi hopefully the radiotherapy will kick start again,   I'm guessing they wont operate like me have they suggested trying a different type of immunotherapy i have pembrolizumab always worth an ask. keep us posted all the best x

• I have just been told I will be in the SARON treatment group, so now having clammy hands deciding what to do. I have had no side effects from the Pembro - in fact I am actually feeling better than before - and my tumours have shrunk a lot after 2 sessions, so it is a tough call to choose radiotherapy which is bound to have at least some side effects. Such a dilemma! 

• Follow it through if the pembro is working then the radiotherapy will help more, I only had some discomfort for a few days swallowing solid food but they give me shakes and anesthetic liquid to drink. Dont be put off extending your life for fear of possible pain as the saying goes no pain no gain just go in with a positive attitude and you will get through it mate.

• It really helps to hear this. Not quite decided but you are reassuring me. Many, many thanks

• Update: starting conventional radiotherapy next week - 30 sessions planned to my right lung and lymph nodes, followed by SABRT to my adrenal gland after this. Quite the project, but of course hoping that this can extend my life considerably and shorten the time I am in need of treatment. 

• Thanks for the update RJN1. Good luck with the radiotherapy & please let us know how you get on. 

All the best x

• Hi all how we all doing 

• Keep going mate I'm now in to 14 month's and doing ok cancer all under control hopefully you will breeze on through it .

• Hi all just a quick update i have just had my latest scan done the results were really promising the tumour in my abdomen and adrenal gland are too small to measure and almost invisible to see, the tumour in my lung is now down to 6mm so they are very pleased.

The saron trial finishes for me in December so the hope is my body will fight the cancer it's self if not plan B will be put in place probably chemo if it grows. 

The increased fatigue is the thyriod playing up so my meds have been adjusted and the side affects from pembrolizumab and the cancer its self along with being diagnosed with diabetes on top so that is now being looked in to not supprised my fatigue is fatigued...