The C bomb distraction thread - open to all

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 81 replies
  • 106 subscribers

Hi all

I know there is a lot of worry over the new C bomb being dropped all over the place. This thread is being set up to keep that word off this particular thread to help people that are possibly in self isolation.

So I think we should kick it off we should post our favourite place or places to visit. We may be restricted on where we can travel, but we can go anywhere in people's pictures Slight smile

I will leave it open till end of Friday then pass the batton on to someone else to open a new post on this thread, first suggestion first served, something of interest to them. If nothing posted by 10am Saturday, I will re put my thinking cap back on.

So I guess I should post a picture or two to start it off.

Jersey beach view 

• Oh he’s beautiful. No didn’t see any horses, but did see lots of these. 

Chelle 

Try to be a rainbow,in somebody else's cloud
    Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to chellesimo

So Drink up time has gone (going back to my bar maiding days there).

Soooo no suggestions, I will have to put another forward for you and maybe not pictures as some struggle to post them.

So as we are at home maybe Films or binge watching series suggestions? This does not exempt you from not replying on here however Stuck out tongue winking eye

For me, I do not like gory films or alarming films. I pretty much can't stand reality TV or upsetting crimes. I much prefer hard hitting films or series etc (especially if they are based on a true story). So may not be everyone's tastes. However maybe someone else will suggest what may be up someone else's street.

Series, I have recently discovered New Amsterdam and so far enjoying it. It's based on an American hospital and ladies, (or men) the lead character is rather nice to watch.

Film I think at the moment my favourite is 'The Grey'. I have a few others, but maybe a little hard hitting at this time, as they often deal with contentious issues.

Both of these are available in with Amazon Prime deal.... so no need to spend anything if you are a member.

Over to you lot now.

• Hi Gina

thanks as always for your efforts. I wanted to post a picture but just couldn’t get there! Haven’t given up yet though. 
    we recently watched The Messiah on Netflix. Unusual but really enjoyed it.  We also watched The Stranger and that was excellent. 
    my slight problem is that my husband and I like different things. I like drama especially historic and I like a good series but he likes old movies and generally the car chase kind etc!

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to nel107

Hi Gina

box sets to binge watch is a good idea.

I always loved the AB FAB series with Jennifer Saunders and Joanna Lumley. A lot of the nature programmes are also a good distraction. Films, I tend to like things that are thrillers rather than love stories, and I enjoy comedies too.

if anyone has any suggestions for a good series please let me know.

I'm just starting series 2 of Bullet Proof on Sky.

Happy watching 

Karen x

• Karen

stranger on Netflix is really good and I will have a look at the series on sky you mentioned thanks

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to nel107

I loved {the good doctor}, best thing i have watched in ages he has  autism.

Ray

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Karen, Nel and Ray they sound good.... I might catch those too.

If I can tare myself away from watching this guy in New Amsterdam... I am trying to limit it a bit, so it is not over too soon, as only released season 1 and part of season 2 so far.

Interestingly I haven't noticed any of my doctors or consultants looking like this Confused

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Heart eyesHeart eyes 

Thats what you call a distraction LOL

Karen x

• Gina, where can we find this hot dude, I mean the very interesting programme you are watching? 

Chelle 

Try to be a rainbow,in somebody else's cloud
    Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to chellesimo

Chelle New Amsterdam is free on Amazon prime tv Wink I have just been told he was also in the Blacklist from season 10. I am just about ok with sharing him with you all