Very anxious and worried

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 29 replies
  • 101 subscribers

Good evening , first time posting though I have been reading all the posts . Rewind to October and I was admitted to hospital from GP with ? Sepsis, but actually was diagnosed with Pneumonia . Prior to this I was totally fit and healthy 67 yr old female.  I was treated with usual IV antibiotics and nebulisers . Discharged after three days. Consultant felt I was so well didn't need a follow up other than routine chest x ray at 6 weeks post discharge.     

Fast forward to three weeks ago and I have had an appointment for a CT scan.   After a week of worrying Then got a letter from consultant saying something "  slightly concerning " had shown up on my X-ray and needed to be followed up .

I have made a full recovery from pneumonia and feeling 100% recovered but this has caused me a lot of stress and anxiety.  Scan is this coming Wednesday .  Never smoked and lead a fairly healthy life style .  Totally blindsided by this .  

Thank you for taking time to read .

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Numerous phone calls yesterday from hospital , I had emailed a complaints form , so obviously this was in response . Cut a long story short full of apologies , and have given me an appointment for CT scan this coming Thursday 30th.  She also said due to the anxiety I had experienced with the already long wait, the scan would be read " immediately " and results sent to my consultant .  Just six more days now to keep busy !!  Thanks once again for all the support 

• FormerMember

Will be thinking of you tomorrow xx

• FormerMember

Thank you so much. Was quite calm during the week but feeling bit anxious this evening.  Kept myself busy all week so plenty of distractions!  

Had to phone hospital as didn’t get a letter.  On the list thank goodness.  Does anyone know how long a CT scan takes ?

• FormerMember

My ct scan was no longer than half an hour, and some of that is just getting you settled and explaining what will happen. It is not painful at all, the only thing I found was I felt a bit cold. Apart from that, no issues. Hope that helps. Xx

• FormerMember

Thank you , I think I have to have contrast via a venflon but apart from that I am hoping it will be straightforward. Plannng a nice coffee and cake afterwards !

• FormerMember

I know it's easy for people to say don't worry etc... It is a worry, of course. Every test I go for, I remind myself, they are necessary so these doctors know exactly what is going on with me, then they can put precise plans in place for treatments. Take care and stay strong. Xx

• FormerMember

yes easy to have. then results about 7 days later.

• FormerMember

Thank you .

• FormerMember

all the best for tomorrow. you have done well if scan going to be read straight away. a doctor needs decipher it.   TC

• FormerMember

Thank You.  All done. Bit of a funny incident happened. I could feel back of my head/hair damp but not knowing what to expect I assumed this was normal !  When the radiographers came to get me off the table it was discovered the contrast had leaked out !!!    Hair satturated and so sticky.  Had to have scan repeated as there wasn’t enough contrast injected !    Anyway home now to await results.  Good job I hadn’t anything planned straight after. Lol Joy