Pain after radiotherapy

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 14 replies
  • 101 subscribers

Hi

I had radiotherapy last september to my left lung. I am in a lot of pain now which they tell me is scarring and nerve ends healing. Has anyone had the same and if so how long does it last?

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Kegsy

Hi Kegsy

Thanks for the advice, Im on a low dose at the moment which to be honest is not touching the pain.

I was just taking paracetomol and ibuprofen which worked fine but started to get side effects from the ibuprofen. I see on here some find amytriptilene good so I'm going to ask about that

Thanks for the good wishes re scan

Suexx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Hi all

I have just had injections to the muscle in my shoulder to reduce the pain. I didn"t even think to ask is it a quick fix or does it take some time to kick in.

Anyone else had the same?

Sue xx

• FormerMember

hi all i have been having pain in back worse when trying to sleep.doctor said i did have scaring from radiotherapy  prescribed oramorph just for bed time seams to be working, was going to give me ibuprofen.but told him i couldn't tolerate them. tc

• FormerMember

Always onwards and upwards , its the only way to go even when it seems so hard

I have been takinh ibuptofen which really do not agree with me plus gabapentin and paracetomol buy its still pretty unbearable.

Hope the injections work!

Sue x