Holiday insurance

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 16 replies
  • 100 subscribers

Hi all

Has anyone managed to get a sensible quote for holiday insurance? My stage three adenocarcinoma has been stable for a year due to continuing treatment of Pembrolizumab every 3 weeks. I'm getting some hilarious quotes. 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Wow 11 months that's great. I started pembro January 2018 so I was a bit concerned about when it does stop. Does your body manage on its own after two years then?

We are just having a week in Majorca in August and I'm already worried about the flights as I am so scared of flying. It seems silly considering the situation we are in but I get panic attacks everytime when taking off and if we have turbulence I'm in bits. 

Hope you get booked and enjoy your holiday.

Regards

Vicky

• FormerMember

Hi

I sometimes get a knot feeling in my chest. Still tired. But other than that im ok.

I dont know if i mentioned here, but i am now diabetic. It has been caused by the pembro attacking my pancreas. So i now have to use insulin all day everyday.

Not had the best start to 2019, but over it now. Just about used to it all now.  Atleast it proves it is working still and keeping the cancer at bay, so a small price to pay in comparision.

Hope you are doing ok

Mick

• FormerMember

thank you mick. my pains starting to make me think my immunotherapy not working.  i have been getting the knot feeling for a long time but now got pains as well.

• I have just bought from boots £57 for 12 days In Turkey I'm stage 4 spread to lymph nodes and on pembrolizumab.

Sharon

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to sharon3762

Thanks Sharon

I will try boots too for a quote x

• FormerMember

Hi and welcome it's good to read that you're planning a holiday but as you've found out finding a reasonably priced holiday insurance can be frightening and off putting

Our members in the This group have put together a list of members recommendations of the companies they have used to find insurance cover and I would suggest that you head over to the This group and have a look at what the members have to say about getting insurance. You might find it beneficial to phone the companies direct rather than rely on the prices obtained on the web as by speaking to a "human" can result in a lower price.

You may also find this of interest Which report Travel insurance

I hope the above is of interest to you and you manage to find a reasonably priced insurance and have a good holiday. The members of This group would appreciated knowing how you got on with your search and which company you eventually used (and how much).

Best wishes

Ian

By clicking on any of the green text above will open up new pages for you