Mum not got long in this world.

• 3 replies
  • 69 subscribers

My Mum went into hospital last week and was given the news she has stage 4 lung cancer. I live with her and have brothers that live abroad so I will be dealing with a lot of things on my own. I am lucky though as I have a good support network around me . She has smoked heavily most of her life and in a way we all knew this could happen eventually but is still a massive shock when you find out. It has spread to other parts of her body and we are currently in the stage of figuring out where she will go to when she comes out of hospital. It’s a worry if she comes home as I can figure out how she could be without 24hour care. A care home is an option but my mum is worried she won’t like to be there. I just want what’s best for my mum obviously but close family have conflicting opinions. I just hope there isn’t any falling out between us all. My head is thinking millions of things all at once. I just hope that her last days in this world are as comfortable as possible and she doesn’t go through to much pain. Writing this now is tough but thought I had to do it.

• Hi BP23

So very sorry that you have cause to be on here.

There is a forum om this site where you may find more support.  It is the Supporting Someone With Incurable Cancer.  

Hopefully someone will come along soon and insert the direct link to this forum.  

Hope this helps a little bit.

Kegsy x

"If you are going through hell, keep going" ; Sir Winston Churchill
    " Cancer may take my life; however it will not become my life" Kegsy August 2011
  • I am in exact same situation with same diagnosis on my mum and finding it so hard to make the right decisions 

• Sorry to hear that dc44. There is lots of support out there . Hopefully they will find somewhere nice for your mum to go to.