operation

• 19 replies
  • 72 subscribers

I dont even know if this is the right place to post .but this site seems a little confusing ,so first of all i joined this site last year when i was diagnosed with a 9mm nodule on my lung after cat scans and pets scans ,they came to the conclusion because it did not light up on the pet scan that it was benign and set my treatment to watch and wait ,my folllow up scan was no change .so fast forward to my second follow up and mt scan showed that it has now grown to 18mm and they have decided that it is best removed ,but this will be the middle lobe of my right lung ,i go on the 22nd of this month and i can honestly say i am not looking forward to it after reading some comments on here of how it has been for them ,struggling with breathing and getting infectioons .The one thing that makes me dam mad is i dont feel ill ,i am not breathless,i dont cough ,i have very little trouble with energy ,I am 65 ,its the last thing i want to do ,but they all say once its removed i will be cured , I am so scared

• Hi Christie.k

My story mirrors yours. I have a nodule on my right lung which has been monitored for the last 2 years and has shown an increase in size after my last CT scan.  I had a pet scan and a biopsy and only last Wednesday I had it confirmed as cancerous.  I am now waiting for an appointment to arrange surgery to get it removed and the aim of the treatment is curative. They only found the nodule after being treated for womb cancer 2 years ago.  The 2 cancers are not linked but how lucky am I, 2 separate cancers in 2 years.  Like you I have no symptoms.  Please keep posting as being just behind you in the treatment process I am interested to read about your experience.  Good luck with your operation and follow up.

• Hi. Khd    just to let you know i had surgery yesterday .it is painful for me at the moment because i have a chest drain in.which i a m told is normal .the good news is i have eaten .walked up and down the corridor .been to the loo

• Hi Christie.k

thanks for your update. You seem to be doing so well so soon.  Keep up the good work.  I’m sure they will have those drains out soon which I hope will ease the pain.  I hope the bad stuff is all over for you now.  Do you mind me asking what type of operation you have had and have they indicated how long you will be in hospital?

• I had the middle right lobe removed .which they say gives the best chance of a cure .they said 3 to 5 days .once the drain is removed it is usually 24 hours after that you can go home .pain is managable at the moment .they are wanting me to eat and i am trying but everything tastes weird   christie

• Hiya Christie.k. I was the same as you not getting out of breath, and still  playing football at 69. I was diagnosed with stage for lung cancer. Inoperable. It took me ages to accept that I even had this decease. They did try to remove the tumer but it was to advanced. In the end I was put on Osimertinib tablet which targets the tumer. I've had good results after only two months being on the tablet my tumer had shrunk from 24 to 16 and is keeping it stable. I have been on the tablet 1 year now and all is still good. Hope all goes well with your treatment ?

• Hi I was the same I had the lower part of right lung removed , all I had were infections nothing else .the surgery was ok and I was home after 9 days but still get infections and now out of breath but at least I'm still here x hope all goes well for you 

• Hey Christie.K how are you doing.  Hope you are getting better day by day.