Recent diagnosis of a right frontal meningioma

• 25 replies
  • 3 subscribers

Hi just been diagnosed on the 10th feb.  Got contrast mri this monday and booked in for results Wednesday..accidental find on ct scan. Hss anyone on here have this type of tumour. Thank you Heart️ 

• Yes..3am!! I hadnt slept a wink! The ward i was put on for my Blood pressure at the time was noisy...and busy...so being left with the news of my M. Was very scary and felt alone. I have good days and bad ones at the moment... but finding im sleeping a lot in the day..which annoys me...weather doesn't help! Hoping to get in the garden soon..always helps...thanks for answering by the way. Xxx

• I was on a gynae ward following a procedure when they told me and it felt so odd and I asked to go to a neuro ward but they said I needed to stay in the same ward because of my surgery. I had a seizure after the routine surgery and then had a CT. When a doctor came to speak to me, I was exhausted and didn't really take everything in. I slept a lot and sometimes still do, it can be annoying but you are putting your health first by doing that. I can't wait until I can go in the garden, I have a gazebo so might set that up with a comfy chair! No problem, always around if you want to chat. 

• Oh sorry to hear of your seizure..but glad they got into.action for ct. I feel a bit scared to go out alone at the moment. Due to my left side symptoms..but did have to have eye test today. So walked in town for a short while. But i feel so tired! .....yes bring on the sunshine....xxx 

• Luckily the seizure was just a one off and most likely due to the anaesthetic putting pressure on my brain. I think once you have a brain tumour diagnosis they use different medication if you need surgery so I've been fine since. Trust your instincts and if you don't want to go out alone then you don't have to. I prefer having someone with me just in case I need to rest or if I am feeling a bit wobbly. Great you went for your eye test but it is alright to take it easy as well. Being diagnosed is mentally and physically exhausting, you have been through a lot so my advice is to not over do it. I can't wait for the sun to arrive! I have a few projects that I want to do outside so looking forward to that.

• Hi...thanks i think i really do need to rest..find it hard as I was so active before. But im making myself do a bit less. Thanks for advice and replying ...x enjoy your projects x