Acoustic neuroma

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 5 replies
  • 4 subscribers
  1. Hi everyone.  I got diagnosed with an Acoustic neuroma on the 6th Nov 2020. I was having awful symptoms from the middle of sept. It started with a terrible headache and a severe earache and my balancHeart was horrendous. I thought I had an ear infection. I was admitted into hospital being told I had the aftermath of covid. I had an Mri scan on the 6th Nov in the morning and in the afternoon I was tolHeart I had 2 aneurysms 1 either side of my head above my ears and an acoustic neuroma.  I knew there was something wrong with my brain as ive never felt like this before. Ive had a hearing test and now hHeartve moderate hearing loss in my right ear which I have noticed is getting worse. The balance and dizziness is dreadful and is massively affecting me and my life. Im so unsteady that im not safe going Heartut on my own. Im still having pain in my head and in my right ear and I have awful tinnitus too. Im a healthcare assistant in a hospital and now I cant do the job that I love with a passion. If any oHeart you have any pointers on ways to help these awful symptoms id greatly appreciate them. Take care HeartHeart
  • Hi

I noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet so I've had a search of the group to see if there are any other members who have an acoustic neuroma. The most recent people to mention it are and and I'm hoping that by 'tagging' them they'll pop along and tell you about their experiences.

When you have a minute, it would be really useful if you could pop something about your journey so far into your profile as it really helps others when answering or looking for someone with a similar diagnosis. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hello. 
    sorry to hear your struggling :( 

mom newly diagnosed too and I’m struggling coming to terms with it. 
    always here if you want to message xx

• Hi. Just diagnosed in May 2021. Severe single sided hearing loss and tinnitus caused initial concern. Now aware of lightheadedness and fatigue. Still trying to get chance to tell those close to me. Hope you are OK. Sorry you a having a tough time. How are things going?

• Hello, my husband has the same. His is growing fast and he has been referred for radiosurgery. There seems to be very many side effects. Have you been offered any treatment at all?

• Hi

i was diagnosed through having an MRI for something else & found to have an acoustic neuroma to my left ear. During investigation stage I found I had lost over 50% hearing in that ear. Recently I have started with terrible tinnitus, dizziness & balance issues which is causing me concern & making me feel terrible. I’m actually a nurse but this makes things worse as o take my symptoms too seriously 

I have just joined this community hoping to hear about other people & how they cope & where to go. Maybe we can help each other