1st chemo session on Thursday

• 1 reply
  • 15 subscribers

Morning Blush Due to start chemo next week XELOX (capox) and was wondering about the possible side effects. Has anyone suffered with their hands? I've been reading that you should avoid touching metal... is this for a certain amount of time? During/after/for the whole cycle? Apparently wearing gloves would be good. I've never heard of this side effect until now, so any advice would be great.  Thank you x

• Hello TanWx

I hope you don't mind me replying as I had a different type of chemo and cancer to you. By doing so it will bump your post back to the top and hopefully someone who has had XELOX will be able to offer support.

I will pop a link to some Macmillan info on Xelox that may answer some of your questions.

XELOX (or CAPOX) | Macmillan Cancer Support

We also have a Support Line that you can call and speak with one of the nurses who would be able to answer any questions you may have about this chemo. The number is at the end of this. 

You can of course also talk to your CNS either before or the nurses when you have your chemo session on Thursday as they will know your full treatment details and will be able to support you with any side effects.

Hope this helps a bit. I wish you well with your treatment and please do let us know if there is anything else you need.

Jane

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm