Partial response?

• 3 replies
  • 15 subscribers

Hi I was just wondering if anyone else has been told this regarding their results from a scan? I had a ct on 17th, but don’t have an appointment to discuss the results until 5th September. I’m already very anxious, so phoned the nurse yesterday. The oncologist told her she was allowed to tell me that I’ve had a partial response to chemo. As I had two new liver mets back in April, I don’t know if this means that they’ve stopped further spread, slowed the growth of the current mets , or shrunk the current mets! Anyone else’s experiences would be very welcome!

• The phrase they used with me was “reduction”. I think a full response means the cancer can no longer be seen. So it’s probably good news. 

• Thanks Coddfish. I’m almost regretting asking them. I’ve since found out that I might be suitable for cetuximab. I’ve been looking at the frequency as well as side effects. 

• Just read your profile. Sorry I didn’t read it first. Your reply is more precious to me given how much you have, and are, going through. Sending you lots of love and hope for a positive outcome for you.