Quadruple chemo and osimertinib?

• 1 reply
  • 13 subscribers

Has anyone continued with Osimertinib whilst having chemo either with two drugs or 4?

Also though I know everyone is completely different, did anyone have the ' aggressive chemo' and coped ok with it? My sister is being pressured to make a choice within the next couple of days and the problem is, they say she has to stop Osimertinib if she has chemo. Currently one tumour in her liver has woken up and is growing but all the others in her lungs and liver are still what the consultants call dormant and are likely to wake up when she stops the Osi?

Just wanting to hear anyone's experiences and thank you all for being there.

Wishing you all peace

J

• Hi

I'm not on osimertinib with chemo but I noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet.

I typed 'osimertinib' and it's trade name 'Tagrisso' into the search bar in this group to look for previous posts which mention it but drew a blank I'm afraid. That doesn't necessarily mean that no one here is on it, it could just be that they haven't posted about their experiences yet.

If you could tell me the name/s of the 'aggressive chemo' your sister has been offered, I could have a look to see if anyone is on it and ask them to share their experiences with you. I have had two different types of chemo for my breast cancer, with the first combination being considered the more difficult to tolerate but came through it relatively easily so your sister may well find she tolerates the chemo proposed to, if she decides to have it.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"