Bile duct cancer

• 2 replies
  • 14 subscribers

Hi I’m new here , just wanted to join to get some advice on bile duct cancer , my husband got diagnosed in October 2021 he underwent a resection and had 80% of his liver removed , he done so well ev the doctors was shocked how well he recovered . He had capecetine chemotherapy for 6 months after , he coped so well , and had to go on blood thinners as had a blood clot in liver , so he had to ha a ct scan to see how the blood clot was doing , we went for the appointment and the news wasn’t good , the cancer has come back in the liver , lymph nodes and lung we are devastated can’t get our heads round it. We are waiting to see what chemotherapy they are going to do , I’m just heartbroken as two months ago there was no sign of cancer and now it’s come back so quick , I really just wanted to someone to talk to and wondered if anyone else was or has been through this ?….

• Hi and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

I'm sorry to read that your husband has been diagnosed with bile duct cancer which has spread to his liver, lung and lymph nodes and it's natural that you want to talk to others with the same diagnosis.

I hope you don't mind me suggesting that you also post this in the bile duct cancer group, which I can see you're a member of, as you'll then connect directly with others who have this type of cancer.

While you're waiting for replies, it would be great if you could pop something about about your husband's diagnosis and treatment so far into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

x

Community Champion Badge

What is a Community Champion?

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"
  • Thank you I will post now x