New diagnosis for partner

• 2 replies
  • 14 subscribers

Hi all and thanks for reading. My partner has just been diagnosed with secondary liver cancer, metastcised (!?) from his lung. It is small cell cancer so pretty aggressive, he had an op to remove the tumor from his lung and 'mop up' chemo but unfortunately less than 6 months after that we have this new news. They're treating it with more chemo and immunotherapy but I was just wondering if anyone else is or has been in a similar position? Wanting to be as positive as possible but wondered if there was any other treatment, trials or advice people can offer us? Just want to try any option really... My partner is only 50 and in reasonable health other than this.

Thanks so much in advance 

• Hi,

Welcome to the forum . So sorry to hear about your partners secondary diagnosis.

My friend actually had this combination from a lung primary with a spread and it turned out to be very effective for her for a long time . Have you used the search function on the lung primary forum ? There is a lot of posts on there on long term use of immunotherapy . Some have used it for the full two years ? I think you might find it quite informative and encouraging .

We also have a helpline 0808 808 0000 if you ever want to chat anything through with them .

take care ,

Court 

Community Champion Badge

Helpline Number 0808 808 0000

• Thank you Court I will check out the forum.