Liver mets, lung mets and gall bladder infection

• 1 reply
  • 14 subscribers

Hi, 

I hope you are all well.

My mum had Bowel ccancer2013 that progressed to liver mets 2016 and lung met 2017( although only slightly progression in lungs ) 

Recently I was told her there has been a progression in her liver mets and slightly in her lungs.

For around 2 months she's had little appetite. 

She hasn't been on chemo for 6 weeks, as recently she got a UTI and now she is back in hospital with gall bladder infection. 

The doctor in our last consultation said shes on a downward trajectory but is hoping for new chemo regime to work. They gave her around 6 - 12  months with chemo. Maybe more of she responds well and her body copes with the treatment.

She is now is hospital with gallbladder infection and has lost a considerable amount of weight. She's always feeling tired because of the infection and I can see deteriation in her physically. 

I'm worried sick and don't know what to expect especially as she has has back to back infections with the weight loss.

Is there anyone that has been through similar ? 

• Hello 

So sorry to hear what your mum is facing and what I know you will be going through! 

I supported my dad through treatment and although different, he had so many complications, infections and urgent needs I wanted to reach out and share my experience and offer my ear/experience if you want. For me getting second opinion on medication helped, and that was through Macmillan and Maggie’s. 

I’d be happy to point you in the direction of the organisations (a couple mentioned above), that helped me, but also talk directly. Either way, we are all here for you. 

Lucie 

aka Juicestool