DNS

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 13 subscribers

Hi my brother in law got diagnosed with kidney and liver cancer 1 week ago through having a ct scan he has a biopsy weds then sees consultant again fri to see what treatment he can have McMillan nurse has been out to prescribe pain relief as he was only on paracetamol but he had a phone call today to say DNS are coming on Saturday why are DNS also coming out do they know something us as a family dont know yet my sister is out of her mind with worry now 

• Hi 

I'm very sorry to hear that your brother-in-law has recently been diagnosed with kidney and liver cancer. It must be an incredibly worrying time for the whole family.

I'm not a member of this group but noticed that your post hadn't had any responses yet. As you have posted this in the secondary liver cancer group, is your brother-in-law's primary cancer in his kidney and it's spread to his liver?

Also, I have to admit that I don't know what DNS stands for so don't know what their normal involvement is with someone who's been diagnosed with cancer. If you could let me know I'll try and offer further help or suggestions. I did type 'DNS' into the search bar in this group but didn't find any previous posts mentioning it.

When you have a minute, it would be really useful if you could pop something about your brother-in-law's journey so far into your profile as it really helps others when answering or looking for someone with a similar diagnosis. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"